Friday, November 19, 2010

Remembering Mom

Tomorrow is Mom's birthday and so I saw in the paper that they are going to pack shoeboxs for Samaritan's Purse at Westfield. I know that is a cause that they really liked and believed in and so am going to go help do that. Just seems fitting on her birthday..

I miss them both more now than ever. I guess because I live here where they lived. She taught us many things ....like how to cook even though she didn't like to, like how to clean, how to deal with people. There are many things that I do and think "I am just like Mom". I love little kids like she did, I feel bad for the "down and outers". I still like "her" pumpkin pie and applesauce cake the best!! And I even look like her!!!!

Love ya all!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear your thoughts about her. I was remembering some of the things that we did as kids and thinking about how she encouraged little kids to play in mud puddles for hours on end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a great one for the kids, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete