Monday, December 14, 2009

First of Many, or Getting Better All the Time

OK,don't laugh. Here it is. You can skim down a few posts to see the original. I'm quite pleased with it (for starters), but I can see every mistake I made. I'm going to have to create a learning curve for grass. (Looks like little, crawly worms, doesn't it?) But the perspective and the lines are quite close, so I think that I just need experience.

I think for now I'm going to focus on close up shots of beautiful flowers. I have a picture of apple blossoms that I took a few years back in PA and I know a place here that has a vine hanging over a fence with gorgeous purple flowers.

Here's to Numero Dos. Merry Chritiquing!

6 comments:

  1. You did good! Grass can be difficult to learn to paint. You could just "suggest" grass and not try to paint every blade since the flower is the star of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I tried to "suggest" grass. If I had painted in every blade, I'd still be working. I have to say that for a highly detailed painting, which is my style, I might work better off a computer screen than a picture, since everything shows up so much better.

    I just sketched out another canvas--a hibiscus flower at the front and a pool/spa in the background. I took the picture at my boss's house. I'll show you some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.............you're really getting into this, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, yeah. I really enjoy it. Cindy is now working evenings again, so I have a few hours every night to myself. I figure that if I pop out one every two weeks, in one year I will have twenty-five, at which point I will be selling them. Notice I have a super-sized confidence in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks real good!! Looks better I think when you "blow" it up on the screen than in the lttle picture below...Of course I love flower pictures!! Keep on going...I'll take any that you don't think are "good enough"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll send you one of my "rejects" for your birthday next year--to celebrate your transition into "old age".

    ReplyDelete