Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Day

Today, I cooked and cleaned. Didn't really seem like Christmas--seemed like a Saturday! We are celebrating Christmas with our family on the 29th, when Makayla can be with us. Michelle isn't coming home until the morning of the 29th (I think) and Joe, Shannon, Dave, and Jess all have to work, so we're having "Christmas" around 6:00 that night. Joe and Shannon will have Mattie and Lauren that night, so it all works out well. Not really sure what the kids thought about it--we just said "this is what we're doing" and they all said "ok", but it probably eliminated the rushing from one house to the other that you seem to do on Christmas day.

I wanted to do something special, so I made a nice dinner and John and Lynda came over. They always do their family Christmas on Christmas Eve and for years have went to Donna Plummer's on Christmas Day. Donna was getting elderly and moved from Knoxville to her son's in Nevada, so it worked out really nice for both of us. They brought us a gift--a picture Lynda had taken about 3 years ago of Morgan, Makayla, and their granddaughter, Terri, in a nice frame. The three little girls are all sitting in one "camp" chair and is an EXCELLENT picture of Morgan. Warms our hearts. Ed was pretty emotional today...cried several times...misses Morgan. I just kept busy (my strong suit, I think!). We're picking up Makayla on the 29th and will have her until the 3rd. Should be fun!

I did manage to get cards out, Phyl, but only because Ed addressed them all and signed them. I told him that I wasn't going to mail any because I didn't have time. He said that he would do a few if I wanted him to, so I gave him the cards and the rolodex and when I came home that night, he told me he had done 35 (or some such!). I guess it occupied him all day long. I was so proud of him. Well, it's been a long day, so I'm going to close.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Christmas Day. Was thinking about you (even knowing that you were having your Christmas on the 29th. Also was thinking about Bob too. Glad to see Ed did the cards--I knew he signed it but wasn't sure who addressed it..It didn't look like either of your writing--it was printed little!!

    We had a good Christmas. Scott and Allison came over in the morning--even though we were "supposed" to get ice--we didn't..We had a seafood buffet--shrimp, crab dip, mussels (Gary had some at a restaurant earlier and wanted to try them), seafood alfredo noodles,and fresh vegetables. And of course cheesecake, pumpkin roll and frozen apple pie (not like homemade but oh well.). It was good and then Scott and Allison went to her family.

    It's nice to have off so many days in a row..Trying to get some things caught up and also relax some...not really ready to go back to work but....oh well..take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really ready to go back to work yet either! I'm wishing that I had three days off every week!

    We had roast beef at Tara & Tom's house. Was really good. I enjoyed that part of Christmas--some other parts were simply too tiring. Thinking that next year I might change some things--like no more gift wrapping on Christmas Eve.

    Sounds like you had a good day with friends, Berty. Good thing God gave us all such good ones!

    ReplyDelete