Monday, November 02, 2009

Makayla

I got a letter from Makayla on Friday. It says and I quote...

Gramma, That was so nice of you. I was wundring wat you wur dowing to. Love, Makayla I am cey borging.

Now, I'll translate... She was wondering what I was doing also. (I wrote in my letter to her what I was doing at the moment--can't remember what that was.) She is keyboarding (in school). She gets her d's, b's, and g's a little confused and she writes just like she thinks it sounds! Sometimes, I have to think for a little while what she's trying to say...

Beth suggested a great idea. When I write to her, I enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope. That way, she can write back to me without it being an issue to anyone. This is my second letter from her. I was SO happy to get it--I can't imagine how she must feel when she gets a letter from someone. On that note, if you have time to write a short note to a little girl whose life has been topsy-turvy, I'd be forever grateful. Her address is 30 Pee Wee Ln, Duncannon, PA 17020.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about sending her something so this is just in time. Tomorrow I'm doing an "in service" for our volunteers to teach them some skills for making greeting cards. Then we are going to make Thanksgiving cards for each of our patients and I told them that those who help can have a couple for their own use. I was thinking that I'd do one for Makalya even if I don't get enough done for everyone else. Glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete