Saturday, November 07, 2009

"So Long, Farewell, Aufweidersehen, Goodbye"

What a week it's been. I'm glad it's almost over. Don't ever want to go back.

I started feeling a little funny last Sunday, but didn't think too much about it. By Monday morning I knew I had the flu, but worked most of the day anyway. (I did knock off earlier than usual.) Monday night was bad, bad, bad--fever, chills, nasty headache, diarrhea, painful joints, etc. Tuesday was a repeat that didn't start to let up until afternoon. Wednesday was better, but I didn't do anything. On Thursday, I went to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and cleaned around the house a little. That night, I went to Wal-Mart and bought some Pepto-Bismol and Alka-Seltzer. Yesterday, I went to a large kitchen remodel we are doing just a few miles away and worked all day. Had at least seven men there and got a lot done, but I was whipped at the end. I'm feeling fairly good right now, considering, except for my hands, head, belly, and just generally overall, which aren't back up to snuff.

I've had to force myself to eat simply to maintain, lost a lot of strength which I need back. For about three days, all I had were two bowls of chicken noodle soup and a couple Reese's cups. I did chug the water though, didn't dare to get dehydrated.

I haven't been sick for years and this one made up for all those others that missed me. I think this has been the worst flu I've ever had. Since Cindy was in "Joisey", no one was here to feel sorry for me except the dog, and he spent at least as much time sleeping as I did.

Speaking of Cindy, last time I talked to her, she had the flu, Amanda and the three oldest kids had the flu, Justin was gone most of the time working, and then the mother-in-law showed up. She was not a happy camper. She'll be flying back to Jax on Sunday afternoon, which will probably make a difference. We'll be flying up Dec. 27 for three days, so might be able to see some of you then.

Berty, how are you doing? I think about you a lot.

Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing well, considering the circumstances. Most of the time, I have a relative peace...knowing that God's hand is on me and that things will work out. Occasionally, I get frantic! I know that I am more "touchy" and little things irritate me that normally wouldn't but overall, I'm doing ok. However, being the "control" person that I am, I just want this all to be settled and life to go back to normal, whatever that might be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you've been sick. We have colds--no fever or stomach troubles. Don't want them either--teehee. Hope you're all better quickly.

    ReplyDelete