Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last week's painting schedule

I spent a good bit of two days last week painting--painting, that is, boxes for sales reps to display in homes.

The company I work for has shifted focus from sunrooms and kitchens to bringing homes up to energy efficient standards by adding cellulose insulation and radiant barriers in attics, installing solar water heaters, window films, etc. I have spent most of the last two months designing and developing a sample box for the salesmen to demonstrate the difference between cellulose and fiberglass insulation, both with and without a radiant barrier. I finally got it to the point where the owner told me to build 40, at which point we went into production mode. I'll say that it's been a lot of work getting everything to come together, but now I have a system in place which just needs some fine-tuning.

Rex is talking about building another batch--200 or so. Guess I'll still have work for a while.

1 comment: