Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hi all. Just got a call from Aunt Grace. She said that Uncle Herb passed away this past week. They found his body yesterday and thought that probably he had been dead for maybe three days. He was 81, and living in Jamestown. She was not certain about the services at this point. If I find out anything, I will post it.
Grace said that she is living in Caneadea, NY, close to where Grandma used to live. She doesn't get out much, but would desire company if any of you get a chance. Her phone number is (585) 207 -4016.
Thanks, I will post more soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'd stop in and see her if I was in the area, but don't know when that'll be. Not like a trip across town, y'know. I appreciate you letting us know about Herb, but I can't muster up any feeling for him. I think I only ever saw him two or three times. Wouldn't know his kids if I passed them on the sidewalk. Sad, ain't it, that we have "close" relations on one side and don't even know the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there were "reasons". Uncle Hubert stayed away rather than repaying the money that he borrowed from Mom & Dad. They never asked him for it but he felt guilty--according to Daddy.

    ReplyDelete