Monday, March 29, 2010

Seems like it never ends.

Don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't have anything to do. Like to try it for a few minutes, though.

Finished the website class--just in time to start tearing out Cindy's shower. I've known for some time that there was a leak, but kept putting it off until I had to do it. Stripped it out down to the floor joists. Put in new pressure treated plywood subfloor and studs all around. Found a leak from outside, so I had to fix that. Installed a pan liner and roughed in the plumbing yesterday. When it's finished, she'll have a walk-in shower/toilet with tile floor and walls. Much better than before, but it's taking all my time and digging quite heavily into my savings.

Don't think the Montana thing is going to happen anytime soon. Just ain't enough in the piggy bank for that and I'm not going to move with nothing--unless I have to. Looks like I'll be here for a while. Good news is that the trailer will be paid off in only eight more years and by that time I will have it rebuilt. Hate to throw that away. I have to start thinking about where I'm going to live and what I will do when I can't pound nails anymore, which isn't terribly far away.

I'm not terribly concerned, though, because tonight I didn't do anything except clean up a little. Just didn't feel like working, so I didn't. And this weekend, we're going to spend at Little Talbot Island, Lot #39, which I am looking forward to. I never regret the time I spend there. Since we couldn't get Friday night, I had to settle for going in Saturday afternoon and leaving Monday morning. This means, of course, that I won't be able to work Monday and will have to pull a vacation day. Disaster!! Like I said, I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment: