Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goodness it's been a long time.......


I know, I know...I haven't done very good at updating you all about our move and all...It has been sooo hectic. And now we are actually starting to feel like we are settled here and can relax a little. We actually settled on our house on April 9th. It is in Sabinsville and we love it....It's kinda in town but we still love it. We ride bike around town a couple times a week. And it is only 3 miles from my work!!! It has 2 bedrooms upstairs and is about 1500 sq feet. It's an older house--not sure when built but well taken care of... We have a huge lawn (almost an acre ) and we really feel at home here. We just brought some Pergo laminate flooring for the dining area this week and will probably do some of that this weekend. It doesn't really need much except carpet and flooring--has lanoleium in from probably 70's...And eventually we'll do the kitchen and bath..
Our move went really smooth. There were SOOO many things that we see that we are "meant" to live up here..Not sure why or what purpose but.... Here we are and LOVING IT!!
My job is going GREAT!! Except for my boss----Haha!! Actually I love working with Berty and I LOVE my job..There are people all around all day and I talk to them all and love it...Of course in between I do a lot of paperwork and also answer the phone and take care of other stuff. I love talking with the residents that we have there and just "fooling" with them.
Gary also got a job right away. He's driving dump truck for a guy out of Ulysses. His boss is kinda a workaholic and likes to work 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week but Gary has decided that he's not going to work that hard and I think they respect each other for that. Even already his boss is impressed with how hard Gary does work, how he knows things, surprised?? I wasn't. His first job was to fly to Missouri and drive his truck home with 2 other guys--Enjoyed it but was glad to get home. They either are hauling stones for the natural gas wells going in up here or they are hauling salt/lime from Rochester NY to York PA.
The "boys" are doing good. Brad stayed in Lancaster County to finish up the school yr. He was in a competition that was in April so he wanted to stay for that. Not sure what he's going to do next yr--kinda would like to move up here but he also has a chance to go to Vo tech school to study how to fix computer and such....so not sure yet. He and a friend drove up here the other weekend. Gary and I were worried but he said "Harrisburg was a cinch, Mom., what were you worried about?" Who said being parents was easy.
Scott and Allison are doing good. They have recently moved out of their apartment complex and moved into a smaller apartment in the basement of Allison's mother's house. It's a split level so its not really underground so .... They seem to really like living there and are still trying to get settled. Scott got laid off in like February and hasn't found any work yet. They seem to be okay with him home and Allison's company got sold but she still thinks she'll have a job there...
Oh well, like always I talk toooooo much, right Roge??? but anyhow....even though haven't been on here...thought about it and love ya all...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found something that you like! Sounds like lots of room to plant flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the flowers I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture!! What are they? Posted to "my pictures"--someday --When I get to Walmart--will get colored ink and then will print on "picture paper". Hope it turns out nice!! Maybe you painted it???? Thanks Roge!!

    ReplyDelete