Monday, May 03, 2010

my crazy, crazy life......

Hi everybody. Been a LONG time since I've written, but I keep checking to see who else writes what. Seems like we all got in a slump for awhile. Nobody doing anything. Actually, my life has been EXTREMELY busy--more so than normal, but maybe it's going to slow down a little now. Had state inspection at work last week and passed with flying colors. That made me real happy because a lot of effort went into it. Plus, for the past month or so, I've had some place to go or something extra to do each weekend. This past weekend, I spent in Ocean City, NJ helping with a referent weekend for my company. This next weekend, Ed and I are going to Edinboro to watch Michelle graduate and help her move into a new apartment. The next weekend, I pick up Makayla, and so on and so on.....I'll be glad when I have a weekend at home to work in flower beds and clean my house! In between all of my work and weekends, I've been wallpapering at the new house. Living room, dining room, and kitchen are almost done. (I ran out of paper and need to order another roll.....Ugh!) I've started the bathroom and should be able to finish that tomorrow night, I hope. Our house is starting to "come together" and should be finished and ready to move into by August 1st. Ed's been working on the house....well, actually he's been "supervising" the boys....but it gives him something to think about and gets him out of the house. He went down to "watch" me wallpaper tonight, but actually used the tractor and graveled and graded the driveway a little. It'll be exciting to move into a new house, and I know that I'm not going to miss the steps or our driveway here, but I will miss the quiet and solitude. But, I think it's the best thing for him, and probably me too. Well, I can't think of anything else to tell you all--most of you know all of this anyway, so I'll write more later.

2 comments:

  1. I like to hang wallpaper, good paper, that is. I hate the cheap stuff. My hands are always cleaner when I've finished than they were when I started. Take a look at mine (see post above). I still have half the room and the closets to do. Ordered ten double rolls and have used four so far. Might have enough, might not.

    Good to hear from you. Tell Michelle I said hello when you see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're moving along pretty well on the house. We've slowed down a bit to try to give this one time to sell but that hasn't happened yet. No wallpaper going up though--at least not at this point.

    ReplyDelete