Tuesday, May 04, 2010









This is what my master (mistress) bed and bath now looks like after extensive rebuilding. The first picture shows an original closet with wallpaper I put on. There are two of them. Sometime this summer I will probably be opening these up, installing 4' or 5' bifold doors and finishing them to match the room. I want to put tongue and grooved knotty pine boards on the ceiling, but that will have to wait a while.

Originally there was a dividing wall between the bedroom and bathroom, with only a 48" wide by 80" high opening. Now it seems like the room is larger, even though it's the same size.

I insisted on the wallpaper design. It's the same print that I put into the bathroom a few years back and is one of the most peaceful prints I have ever seen. I can get into my tub, relax, and fall asleep. (Notice that I didn't include any picture of that!)

Anyhoo, I have been able to slow down the last couple of days. What a relief! Seven days a week, night and day, for close to two months is exhausting.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! Put my heart and soul (not to mention my hard-earned cash) into this and all I get is "Looks big!" Well, it's a start. Just to give a little perspective--the inside dimensions of the shower area are about 4' x 7'. The bed is king-size. It was actually quite cramped before I took out the partition wall. Now I can almost get away from Cindy when she's chasing me around the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry--not feeling too verbal lately. It's quite lovely and I'm sure your workmanship is top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. himalaya fatty liver medicine himalaya fatty liver medicine himalaya
    fatty liver medicine

    My homepage :: treatment for fatty liver alcohol

    ReplyDelete