Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lighting strike

We had lighting strike our house not once but twice last week...On Wednesday night, during a bad storm it blew out our living room TV. Was on, then went off and then can't come back on...On Thursday night when I got home, Gary said...well two more TV's ....and counting. Here it took our little TV (that I had put on top of our broken living room one--real redneck style)!! and also Brad's TV downstairs...also Brad's Xbox, Gary's old playstation, Brad VCR/DVD player, our telephone device (our phone is on Vonage--through our internet), computer modem, and something in my computer. So we didn't have a phone til yesterday...that was long..and no internet on my computer til today...that was long...Brad's watching tv on his computer...Gary's tv still works or we would all be crazy!!!....But we are getting by...turned it into homeowners but that also takes awhile and is a process...it's amazing how much you count on those "electronic" things and don't really think you do til you don't have them...

Other than that...not much is new...Looking forward to the reunion...

3 comments:

  1. Whoooee!!! Bet that made your hair stand up. Why don't you post a picture of that? At least it didn't blow out all the nails like it did with Phyl. Maybe I should see about getting my insurance current. Whaddaya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roge, if you get your insurance "current", does that mean that it electrified? Don't touch it if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a "shock", wouldn't it? My agents name is Spark and his office is on Watts Avenue. What's more, both he and his wife are licensed pilots and when they take their airplane out, the Sparks fly.

    I promise, I am not making this up.

    ReplyDelete