Thursday, August 20, 2009

Swimming with the sharks, or Hammerhead

Had a small accident yesterday at work. Nothing serious, just a trip to the local acute care clinic for 1-1/2 hours and eight staples.

We were tearing down a chimney. One of the men had placed his hammer on a wall, which I didn't know about. I walked underneath it to move a stepladder, and...Voila! You see the results. Needless to say, it spoiled a good bit of the rest of my day. I'm OK. It caused Cindy more trouble than it did me. Have to go back in a week to pull the staples.

You'd think a person would learn after all these years.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm glad you are ok! So, there really are benefits to being hardheaded, huh?! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did all your hair go LOL Your favorite sister in law said you better be careful love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like that bald spot? I think it must come from thinking so hard when I was younger, you know, burn them out by the roots. Whenever I get a haircut, I always tell them to leave that hole in the middle where my head comes through.

    And, yes, it helps to have a thick skull.

    ReplyDelete