Sunday, August 09, 2009

September reunion

Hello everybody. It is time to think about the reunion. So here we go, it will start Thursday, Sept 10, and last until Sunday the 13. We will be there Thursday morning. Please ask your family members who might be coming and for how many days so we know about food. You can bring tents and campers but there are no hookups for them. The cabin has fourteen beds and some couches. It has a gas refrigerator and cook stoves and ovens and grills. The water and lighting are run by a generator so bring lanterns if you have them.

This is what I came up with for a menu. It can be changed or added to, please help me out.

Thursday night supper - hotdogs, hamburgers, and salads

Friday morning - eggs, sausage, toast, oj, etc.

Lunches - I thought everybody that wanted to could bring sandwich stuff and snack foods or whatever

Friday night supper - I thought taco salads and baked potato bar with all the goodies and dessert

Saturday breakfast - french toast, bacon, fresh fruit,etc.

lunch whatever

Saturday supper - bring your own steak for the grill, salt potatoes, corn on the cob, and dessert.

Sunday breakfast dounuts or danishes, leftovers, etc.

Please bring your own drinks, and the water is not drinkable there so bring that too

Hope all can come looking forward to it.

Please sign up for what you want to bring, or add anything that you think we might need.

Please let us know who is coming.

Love you all, Bobs

7 comments:

  1. Where is it again?
    I can get a ticket into Rochester for $190. The only question is whether I buy one or two, depending on Cindy. She quit her job about two weeks ago, but when she went in on Friday to get her paycheck, the office manager convinced her that they wanted her back. She is now working part-time, starting Monday afternoon.
    Chances are that I will be coming by myself. Don't care what it costs, I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Was pretty quiet there for a while. Glad to see you post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda and the girls should def be there, but depending on weather I can get off or not might depend on what days they will be there for, will let you know when I know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bring one of the breakfasts..whichever one..will let you know when we are coming and how many in our bunch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 from our bunch and will be happy to make the French Toast b-fast; however, we might not get there until Sat morn....any objections to the donuts/danishs moving to Fri (then we can eat them left over all weekend :) and there might not be as many people there on Fri morn. - then Helen can make Eggs on Sat & I'll make F-toast on Sunday? Let me know if that works....I don't want to rearrange everything for me so if this is a problem then I'll be happy to bring a different meal. -- Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be glad to bring the baked potatoes and fixin's, but don't have a clue what goes in Taco Salad, so will need pass on that. I can also bring some danish, donuts, etc. Are we all just helping with meals as we're able or are we designating someone to be "in charge" of each meal?
    Bob--you say 14 beds...does that mean that some of the beds are in bedrooms with closed doors or are they all in an open area? I'm sure Ed and I'll be there and I'm pretty sure we'll bring our camper, but it depends on your answer. Not that it matters to me....my concern is for when he needs to rest (and the rest of us are up and giggling....) I believe we'll be there on Thursday. I've asked all my kids....Michelle will be unable to come due to college/work, but Joe and Dave are considering. Shannon will be the motivating factor for Joe. Dave has an appointment in Buffalo I think on Friday and said he might stop down for at least one day on his way home. I told them they MUST let me know ASAP. (We'll see how that works!) Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be travelling pretty light since US Air has a hefty baggage check fee. Whatever I bring will be purchased on the road--soda, water, watermelon, bread, snacks, etc. Let me know your preferences.

    As of right now, it doesn't look like Cindy will be coming due to work/school schedule.

    ReplyDelete