Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's the Knauer's finally!!

Good grief!! Someone said I sound like Charlie Brown when I say that!! Anyways as you can see, I finally figured it out...I had actually made my own blog (somewhere in cyber space!! ) Not that any of you--except Phyl saw it but.....now it's right here so....

Our basement flooded again!!!!!!!! Think this is the fourth time---this time was really discouraging partly because it was our fault and partly because last time--we had really fixed everything so it WOULDN'T happen again but....guess what it did anyhow!!! It'll be two weeks ago on Sat night, that I discovered our hot water heater was leaking, so Gary said after I was done for the night, he would turn the breaker off (since sometimes when they leak a little, then they burst--and we didn't want water everywhere!). So he came up about 11 or so pm and I still hadn't taken a shower and was still cleaning--he said "Good grief-woman--finish up here and get a shower and go to bed!" Then he turned the breaker off.. When I went down to get Brad up for work on Sun am (11 am) or is that afternoon?? I noticed the carpet looked funny. As soon as I stepped on it--I was soooo mad!! Hollered for Gary and then he was mad too!!

So then we spent all day Sunday sucking up water with carpet shampooers from the store, Carrying loads and loads upstairs here to get it out of the water....UGH, UGH!! And then on Monday I got carpet fans from the store and we put them down.. And also sucked up more water.. by Monday night decided to pull the padding out from under the carpet and throw that away..then just kept the fans running all week to dry up the carpet and the concrete underneath. Then last weekend put padding down again and put carpets back in place and moved stuff back in the family room and Brad's room. Got to finish moving the rest back down in the storage room...It sure was nice to have things back in place...My house is never spotless but neither of us can stand that it was so cluttered and a mess either!!

But then this week was very easy compared to that so that was nice and relaxing...

Will write more later..enought for now..

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! We've finally made some progress. Sorry about the flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking of you Phyl that night when I was still really mad and upset...Here yours was much worse than ours. And all those people in the Hurricanes--why am I feeling sorry for myself...But you just start again..Buck up as Dad said...

    ReplyDelete