Friday, February 13, 2009

Made Some Cookies This Week

Well..........that's just one of the things that I did. I made two kinds--one was sugar cutout cookies and the other was Finska Pinnar. Don't ask me to translate that name but the cookies are good. Tara and I once discussed changing the name to Teddy Bears since we like them so much!!!! Thought I'd share the recipe with you all.

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teas. almond extract
1 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour

Beat butter with sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy. Stir in flour to form soft dough. Refrigerate at least one hour.

Mix together:
1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
3 Tbl. sugar

Beat together:
1 egg yolk
1 Tbl. water

Shape dough into small balls (about 3/4"), dip top into egg yolk mixture and then into nut mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

Melt together:
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
2 teas. vegetable shortening
Drizzle over cooled cookies

Beat egg white. Beat in 1 cup confectionary sugar and a small amount of milk. Add milk to thin or sugar to thicken. Drizzle icing over chocolate. Let set until firm.

Makes about three dozen.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awful lot of work for someone like me that doesn't like to make cookies. How about I let you know when I'm coming to visit and you make some and I'll enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete