Tuesday, February 10, 2009

OK, here I go. We are all waiting for the snow to all melt off, which it has been doing this week. It seems like we have been busy, but we don't seem to get done all that we want to at any time. I have been working for some time now at acquiring the machines that I need to start my machine shop operation. Just this week, I purchased a belt sander and a bridgeport mill. Now all that I need other than tooling is a shop press and I should be pretty well set. I will pick up the mill on Saturday, then I need to spend some time hooking up some of the machines, cleaning, organizing, and getting started on finding customers and jobs to do. I intend to keep working at my regular job until I have enough work and money coming in to go entirely on my own. I am extremely excited about it all, but also somewhat nervous, too. I am looking at this whole scenario as a retirement that I can afford and enjoy.
Phyl, in answer to your question, the reunion that we will host for our family is Sept. 10-13, and the reunion for the whole Mitchell clan is July 25 at our place. For our family, we have rented a large cabin between Hornell and Bath, NY for the weekend. There are plenty of beds, cots, etc. to sleep on, and if someone wants to, they can bring their camper. However, there are no hookups for the campers. We spent a weekend at this same location (different cabin) for our anniversary last year and really enjoyed it. You are all welcome to come on Thursday if you can, but if you can't, come when you can and we will enjoy you for that time. We are really looking forward to it.
Well, I will post more later, won't spill all of our secrets at one time.
Love, Bob and Rose

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard!!! Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob they do have water and showers there, right? I forgot how that was.......we were talking about it at the reunion...thx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, yes they have water, showers, electricity via generator, heat by woodstove, gas cookstove, etc.

    ReplyDelete