Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Still At Home

I've been spending a lot of my time looking for a job, sending out resumes and applications, etc. but without success. Decided to cut back a bit and use some of the time to catch up around the house. We want to have someone come in and give us an idea of how much we can expect to sell it for. Today I started cleaning up the laundry room and made valances for the windows in there. Wade converted part of it into a pantry after the electrical wires fell and damaged the house. I had made a "skirt" to hide some things and had a little bit of fabric left over so I wanted to make valances to match. Today was the day and I'm happy with the way they turned out.

After I finished that, I got a phone call from a company that I had interviewed with about 6-7 weeks ago and they asked me to come in for a second interview. The person they hired was supposed to start this week but was unable to take the job at the last minute. Not sure how many people they are interviewing again but at least I'm on the list.

Shadow has discovered the kneehole space under the computer desk and he crawls under there every evening when I'm on my computer. He barely fits!

4 comments:

  1. So when do you go for the second interview? I bet the valances look nice. I like to sew but just never do much of it..But when I do I am reminded that I need to take more time to do more of it because I do enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went this afternoon for the second interview. I found out that the list of prospects is down to three--the other two are being interviewed next week.

    I don't sew much anymore either. I want to cover our porch chair cushions before spring but haven't found the "right" fabric yet so don't know if I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do you think it went well? Is it a job you would like? What will you be doing? Give US the scoop, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scoop---I have to call him on Monday to let him know if I want to be considered for the job and with any questions that I might have. He is interviewing two other people next week also. I'm hoping to be hired.

    It's totally different than any job I've ever had--volunteer coordinator for a hospice company. I would go out and speak to civic groups, church groups, etc. and try to recruit new volunteers. Also I would have to train them and then set up activities for them and arrange to have them do the work for the patients and families who need their help. Keep records, do reports, etc. about their activities.

    Sounds interesting--something different every day.

    ReplyDelete