Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter! (one day late)

Hope you all had a glorious Easter Day! Ours was very nice. Berty & Ed were rambling around and got to our house about 2:30. We all went over to Tara & Tom's house for dinner--had a cold buffet with ham, turkey, salads, vegetables, fruit, and cupcakes. Very enjoyable. Berty & Ed stayed overnight and left after I went to work this morning. My boss had given everyone at work a big loaf of Paska bread and I used it to make french toast for our breakfast.

The taxes are done and ready to put in the mail. The PEPS art show in Glenburn has been hung and the artists reception was last Sunday. I have to deliver some paintings a week from tomorrow for a show in Moscow and the following week to the Now Hair Studio. I'm making postcards for the Now show as it is a solo and going to be open for the Scranton First Friday Gallery Walk. I have to do some work on the house plans so we can get some estimates together--Wade is getting anxious to begin. Trying to get a rhythm to my life again so I'm not so far behind all of the time. I used to have time to do things before work in the morning but now I start at 8:00 so I'm trying to do things after dinner--not yet successful at that!

2 comments:

  1. According to Berty's e-mail about God and the animals, you're only supposed to slave your life away for forty years after the first twenty of enjoying it. But, hey, you've got a few months to go. Besides, if you enjoy what you're doing, it's not really slaving, is it?

    Good luck with your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy all of the stuff that I am involved in but I agreed to quite a few things while I was unemployed and now they are all coming due and I have a job as well. I don't have time to work for a living--should be independently wealthy!!!

    ReplyDelete