Sunday, April 05, 2009

OK, I guess it's time that I wrote something on here again. Rose and I celebrated our 29th anniversary today. Hard to believe that she has put up with me that long, but the calendar doesn't lie. We decided to do something that we both like to do, so we went for a ride. Just got in the car and went to find some roads that we have never been on before and find out where they go. The more off the beaten path, the better. Today we ended up going on some back roads around Shinglehouse, Port Allegany, Smethport, Coudersport, etc. Drove for several hours, had to turn around once or twice, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We are both doing well, had colds but mostly over them now. Continuing to get things together in my shop. I have all of the major machines that I need now except for a hydraulic press. I plan to get one of them when we get our income tax refund back. Then I just need tooling - cutters, turning tools, etc. Most of these I can pick up as needed as I am doing jobs. Have a lot of organizing, cleaning, and hooking up to do yet. Seems to take a long time, but I do enjoy it, and it is a good feeling when I get another machine connected and can use it. I am still working at Hi-Tech Ceramics, will continue to do so either until I get laid off or until I get so busy in my shop that I can afford to quit and pay my own insurance and wages. They have laid off 19 people at work (out of 80 hourly workers - none of the 20 salaried have gone yet). No one in the maintenance department yet, but there are only 3 of us anyhow. I don't feel like I am ready to leave there yet, but if I got cut, I wouldn't cry about it. I would just feel like it would be time to get my butt in gear and go it on my own. Rose is still working at the nursing home, no chance of her getting cut there, there are not enough qualified Nurses Aides to go around.

We are taking a week off the week after Easter, going down to Beth's to help put a downstairs bathroom in her house. Lee is going with us, so we will have some family time with all of us and Helen's. Should be a great time, really looking forward to it.

Well, better go, Rose is telling me that supper is getting cold, wouldn't want that to happen, so...
Love ya all, Bob

1 comment:

  1. 29 years! That is a long time to live with one man. How did she ever do it?
    Glad to hear you're getting your shop going. Do you have any idea what you will be building first? I think that when you get the press, you'll be able to stamp out a lot of those "rountuits". Or maybe you have to have a CNC so that you can program it and then walk away while it does the work.
    Tell Rose and the kids I said, "Hey". I'd sure like to come up and help you remodel Beth's house, but it ain't gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete