Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hot, hot weekend

Well, we've went from winter to summer, with nary any spring in between! It's 94 here today and was at least as hot yesterday. And you know I'm not like mom....I like it 70!

Other than the heat, it's a nice day. Morgan and Makayla are here this weekend (like most weekends) and have convinced Pappy that they need to go fishing! So...even though he wasn't sure he could, he's taken them to the pond using the 4-wheeler. Of course, to be on the safe side, he took one of his radios and I have the other one. It really does him good to have the girls here "making" him do things. Otherwise, he'd sit in his chair and think about how bad he feels and how scared he is to do things. He's so much better than he was a year or two ago. It's been a long haul, with a lot of struggles and stress, but we're showing great progress. It tested my faith, but I'm happy to report, my faith is here, stronger than ever. Life is good!

I'm working on wedding dresses for Joe's wedding. Have two of the bridesmaids' just about finished. I have another bridesmaid's, two flower girls', and Shannon's to do yet. Still trying to figure out what I want to wear. They're all in "camo"....it's a little difficult to coordinate to camo colors!! At the moment, I'm thinking, I'll wear my tan slacks and get a nice blouse to go with it....but have to watch the colors due to corsage ribbons, etc. We'll see.

Leigh Ann just asked Michelle this weekend to be in her wedding also. So, Michelle's in two weddings this summer! She's getting a lot of ideas for what she DOES and DOESN'T want to do, when and if, she gets married. I get REAL emotional just thinking about her wedding--not sure I'd ever make it through the real thing without a major breakdown!

In three weeks, I'm headed to FL for my conference with my company. Rog, how far are you guys from West Palm Beach? I don't know what my schedule is yet, but if it's not too far, maybe we could get together for a coffee or something.

4 comments:

  1. No, it's not too far, only about six or seven hours at seventy miles per. West Palm Beach is near Miami and it's a long drive. However, if you can manage to fly into JAX and then catch a connecting flight, we could easily see you. Don't know if that will work or not. Let me know. Love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite cool here this spring, haven't had any heat above 85 yet, which is nice. I'm sure we'll get it.

    Good to hear that Ed is doing better. Tell him I said hello. Like the saying goes, whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. You might outlast us all. Quien sabe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I posted a comment the other day, but not sure where it went...... Travel arrangements have all been made by the company months ago, so can't change them, but will be smarter next time.

    ReplyDelete