Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Summer's Here!!

Starting to warm up here. It's been hitting the 80's regularly the last week or so. From now on until October, it'll be hot, hot, hot. Not good for my electric bill since the AC will be running non-stop.

It's also getting quite dry. I mowed my lawn tonight for the first time in two weeks. The grass wasn't very high, but the weeds were looking a little shaggy. We haven't had any substantial rain for quite some time. Relatively speaking, we're still in good shape, Central and South Florida are in serious drought mode.

Cindy and I are going camping at Little Talbot Island State Park May 8 & 9. I'm a little concerned that if we don't get rain, they may impose a ban on open fires. That happened to us when we went to Destin last summer. Where's the fun in camping if you can't have a fire? At any rate, fire or no, I'm going and I'm going to relax and enjoy it. We go there a few times a year and I always use Lot #39. Sometimes I have to reserve it two or three months in advance to get it, but it's worth the wait. Best one in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment