Monday, January 25, 2010

I took your advice, Phyl, and started working an 8 x 10. It's a portrait of a friend of mine holding her great-granddaughter at a Christmas party I went to. Sketched it out about a week ago and have it almost completed. Haven't spent nearly as much time going back over and repainting as I did the last one. Probably because it's smaller, maybe I'm starting to catch on.

I went to a class today at the school Cindy has been going to--basic web page design, you know, HTML and all that. I missed the first week, but considering that I had learned a lot of that before on my own, it wasn't any trouble to catch up. The class runs every Monday afternoon for four hours. Pretty interesting. I don't get any credit for it, but neither do I have to pay for it.

I might actually start making a living by working my brain instead of my muscle. Gonna' have to someday, since the muscles aren't what they used to be.

1 comment:

  1. About time somebody took my advise! teehee. But small exercizes are a good learning tool for a painter.

    ReplyDelete