Friday, May 22, 2009

All Right, Enough, Already!

Let's get a little perspective here.

We have had a little rain here. Notice that I used the term little. In the area I live, we may have had as much as 12" over the last three to four days. Some areas just south of here have had as much as 20-24", with one town, Bunnell, receiving 26.7". (I can be in Bunnell in less than 1-1/2 hours.)

How do you comprehend that much water? From what I heard on the news tonight, this is more rain than has ever been recorded in that area for the month of May, more than has been recorded during many hurricanes at other times of the year. It would be nice if I could say it's over, but it appears that over the weekend, we're going to get some accumulation, probably not more than a few additional inches.

Y'know, if we could just get Al Gore to convince Congress to pass a law outlawing this sort of behavior, everything would be just great. You can be pretty certain, however, that both he and they will be somewhere else, at least until this storm has passed, at which time there will be plenty of opportunities for photo ops.

I have always been known for telling the truth. I speak respectfully.

Yeah, right!

P.S. I just heard on the news that if we received 10" of rain over the entire area of Duval County (think Tioga County), it would amount to 27,000 gallons per acre or approximately ten trillion gallons. Ten trillion gallons in one county. What a drop in the bucket!!

3 comments:

  1. Just imagine if it were SNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep....I hear ya... Get sick of rain after awhile...can't complain about here..it's been nice...Maybe you should move to Lanc. Co where the weather is ALWAYS nice!!!hahaha...

    Talked to some girl today from Jax and so asked her if it was raining there...She said no but it had been and was planning on raining some more....Told her you lived there, Roge and was talking about it....so thinking of you this am....were your ears burning???

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my ears weren't burning, but I could feel my heart strings twangin'. You wouldn't believe the number of times I think about moving back.

    ReplyDelete