Sunday, May 24, 2009

Drying Out, Soggy Mess

I saw something strange yesterday. Cindy and I were going to the local Golden Corral (about 1/4 mile from my place) for breakfast, when I looked up in the sky and noticed a bright, white light. "What is that?", I said to her. "Oh, you silly", she said. "That's either the new street light they put in recently or else it's the space shuttle launching." "Can't be", I said. "The space shuttle is up babysitting Hubble and the street light was shot out two days ago." It took us a while before we figured out that it was (can you believe it?) the SUN!!! Hadn't seen it for so long, we'd forgotten what it looked like.

I promise you I am not making this up.

From my desk, I can look outside and see puddles in the street. It hasn't rained much here for two days now and it's slowing drying out, but there are still plenty of reminders that we've just been through a serious rain storm. I mowed my grass this morning, but thought at times I might have to get my boots on. It's starting to heat up now, so probably the lawn mower will be going a couple times a week for a while.

I "rescued" a cast-iron Kohler sink and faucet from one of my recent kitchen jobs and installed it in my kitchen yesterday. Much, much better than what was there before. Unfortunately, the dripping has transferred from the sky to a connection which I am going to have to take apart and redo. I put pipe dope on it, but it looks like I'm going to have to break out the thread tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment