Tuesday, May 05, 2009

State of Affairs

I had not heard anything at all concerning the settlement of Laura's trust fund for a long time, so last night I e-mailed her attorney. I received an answer today. Here is the gist of it.

The person who had been handling the case left the office for another career. The person it was handed over to is new and his wife just had a baby. Also, there is apparently a tremendous amount of legal work to be done. Consequently, it's not moving very fast, if at all.

However, I was assured that they would get back to work on it and wrap it up as soon as possible. I don't doubt that, so I wrote back and requested a regular updating, at least once a month if it wasn't too much trouble. That's reasonable, don't you think?

At any rate, I am going to stay on top of this until we see it through to the end. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment