Saturday, May 16, 2009

Florida, here I come!

Today, I leave for Florida for business with my company. Looking forward to it. I should learn a lot and the break from the office will be good. I'm going in this morning for a couple hours to orient a new Clinical Supervisor, then will have lunch with Ed, and then head to the airport.

Not sure if I've told you all or not, but we're going to build a one story house down on the farm next to the old farmhouse. Ed really likes it down there and the isolation up here doesn't help his depression. We decided to build one story with NO steps anywhere (hopefully) except into the basement. It will have an attached two car garage that we actually park our vehicles in! Digging should start this weekend with our basement walls coming next Thursday. So, I'll miss all of that being in Florida, but it will give Ed something to concentrate on while I'm gone and that's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. Are you putting in precast basement walls? Is Davey the builder or did you hire a contractor? After talking with Ed the other day, I understand that you are building just below the driveway right next to the house, with the main floor slightly above the driveway. You will be demolishing the old house when the new one is built, right?

    Make sure that you wave when you fly over Jax so that I know you're going by. Too bad that we can't get together, but I can't see that happening.

    ReplyDelete