Monday, June 15, 2009

Reunion in 3 years

While at Gary and Helen's this past weekend for Katherine's graduation, I was telling about Ed and I going on a cruise to Alaska for my 55th birthday. It occurred to me that summer would be my time to "host" the reunion and I had what I thought was a FANTASTIC idea. How would you all like to join us and that would be our reunion for that year? I figure it will cost somewhere around $1500 per couple. I know that our extended family probably wouldn't be able to come, but we could have one year once in awhile where it was just us siblings and spouses, couldn't we? Think about it and if you all want to, we'll finalize details in a couple years!!

I have my "referral" event this next week at work. Have been working extremely hard getting everything ready for that. It'll be nice, but I'll be glad when it's over and things can settle down a little.

Speaking of settling down.....Joe's wedding is July 11, 2009 at 4:30 p.m. at the pond on the farm. You are all invited. Been a little confusion about who was invited and who wasn't (as they wanted a small, intimate wedding) but they told Ed a couple weeks ago that he could invite whoever he wanted. So, I'm inviting all of you. Hope you can come. Let me know if you need somewhere to stay overnight and I'll make arrangements. We have two bedrooms here at the cabin and one bedroom at the farmhouse. May have a bedroom at Joe's available too. Plus I have a living room floor and a tent or two. I've got one bridesmaid's dress and the bride's dress to sew yet. Hoping to have the bridesmaid's ready for a fitting by this next weekend and then will put lining in and I'm done. Then on to the bride's dress. Patterns are fairly simple. Biggest thing is they're all lined, so instead of making 6 dresses, I'm really making 12. Should have started sooner........but you know me.

House is started. Foundation/cellar is up and they should have subfloor down by the weekend. Then it's time for backfilling. Ed and I went shopping today and ordered windows. There was some talk of having a "house raising" to get it up and under cover before winter. Ed is going to try to get it all figured out and then I'll let you know when it will be. If any of you can/want to help, we'll be grateful for your assistance.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a winner to me. I'll plan on seeing you there.
    I probably won't be attending Joe's wedding since I was just there and need to recuperate. Financially, that is. Vacations take a lot. However, tell them I said "Hey" and "Best to you."
    Send me some pictures when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds wonderful. But I would expect it to cost more than that--and don't forget the airfare to get to the west coast.

    Wedding sounds like fun. Don't know yet if we can make it but sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete