Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home Again

Flew to Pittsburgh on Monday afternoon after my chemo. No more direct flights to Pitt from Scr/WB so had to transfer in Philadelphia. Got there with no problem and picked up the rental car to drive to the hotel in Washington, PA. I took our Tomtom so had no problem finding my way there but when I got to the Holiday Inn, the corporate credit card had been sent with permission to charge my room but no reservation had been made. And the Holiday Inn was full. So I went across the parking lot to the Hampton Inn and asked if they could accept the credit card fax and give me a room--they did (whew!). About 15 minutes later, the woman who is in charge of all Volunteer Service Coordinators called me to tell me she had arrived at the Holiday Inn. So we got together for dinner and she gave me my training manual so that I could look it over if I wanted before the seminar. Next morning I had to drive about 2 miles to the Southern Care office on S Johnson Rd. but Tomtom took me to N Johnson Rd. and even though I reprogramed it a couple of times, would not take me to S Johnson. So I stopped at Wendys and asked for directions--20 minutes late so guess I made a great first impression!!!

Spent most of the day with five other people in the same position from different offices going through the manual with Pat teaching us the ropes. Then went with Pat and Debbie to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Back to the hotel for an hour of rest and then met Pat for some one-on-one training due to past problems in the Scranton office. Next morning--up and to the airport to check in car, fly to Philadelphia, and then home. Got back to Scr/WB and knew exactly where I had left my truck but couldn't remember which level of the parking garage so had to go up & down a couple of times to locate it--used the panic button on the key chain so knew when I was getting close! What a sieve brain!

Slept late this morning so was late getting to work. Learned a lot at the seminar and got lots of good ideas for my program so I guess it was worth all the trouble.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's going to be a bad day when you get up late, it's raining cats and dogs, a cop stops you for speeding because you're late for work, and then you have a flat tire. Count to ten. Take a deep breath.

    When we came to PA for Cindy's aunt's funeral recently, I had a GPS that my boss had loaned me. Nice toy, but if I want to get anywhere I'll take a map. Too long a story for a comment, but the bottom line is that I was quite frustrated with it.

    Sounds like you had a good time! Except for all the bad stuff, of course.

    ReplyDelete