Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday, Glorious Wednesday

50 degrees at 5:30 p.m. and I'm home from work already!! Of course, it's supposed to drop to 15 overnight, but....I'm happy with the 50's. At least there's a promise of spring. Oh! Ed saw a robin yesterday, so we've only got about two more weeks of winter weather.

My life remains hectic. I know, I know.....it's my own doing, but I just seem to find these things lurking out there with my name on them. Started working on wedding dresses in earnest last night. I've promised myself that I'll work on dresses nights after work, I'll work on taxes mornings before work, I'll work on yard, flower beds, and outside on nice weekends, and I'll wallpaper the upstairs bedroom on nasty weekends. That should keep me busy until July, at least!!

Ed's doing much better. On warm, sunny days, he feels good. On cold, rainy days, he doesn't. But at least that's so much of an improvement from the past two years that we're happy.

We took Morgan and Makayla roller skating last weekend. I skated with them; Ed watched. Bad news is.....I fell just minutes after we were on the floor. I was "helping" Makayla and trying to skate slow and you all know how much harder it is to skate slow than to skate fast... Hit elbow hard; jarred my whole body, but I'm ok. Nothing broken, just badly bruised. It's so much further to the ground than it used to be!! Good news is....we had a really good time. Well, at least I did. Not sure about the girls. I think they had a good time. Ed didn't mind the sitting and waiting. Of course, the skates hurt our feet and I told Ed that if we're doing this on a regular basis, I'm buying my own skates. Had a blister on my toes, on the TOP of my toes. Not at all where I expected to get a blister. This weekend, we're going bowling with Joe and Shannon and their girls. Should be fun!

Dave and Ed built a little playhouse for our grandchildren. It's really cute. They'll love it! Well, it's dinner time, so guess I'd better go. Hope you all are doing ok. Doesn't seem like we "blog" very much....

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're thinking like me (See my note below). Are you getting married again? How many dresses do you need? Cindy and I have talked about taking the grandbabies roller skating, but just haven't got a round tuit. Bob, can you make some of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But we're blogging much more than we did last year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rog, I probably can make some if you can send me a detailed drawing of one. I have heard many people who need a round (as opposed to square) tuit, so I think that if we could make them and sell them, we could make a bundle off of it. However, I am having a hard time deciding how to make it so it works properly. Send me the drawing, and I'll get onto it when I get a round tuit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, I had an idea once about how they should look, but it's been so long that I've forgotten. I'll put some thought into it. In the meantime, if you happen to stumble onto one, get me a copy. I'll reimburse you when I get my tuit.

    ReplyDelete