Monday, March 30, 2009

Running up the White Flag

OK, OK! Enough already!

Before this blog escalates into the Internet War, let's take a step back and consider what we want Rooted and Rambling to be. Maybe we should think first about what we don't want it to become, that is, a place where we can snipe at each other facelessly.

Instead, we should be working together to build the blog where each of us can contribute to it voluntarily out of the gladness (or maybe sadness) of his or her own heart. No one should be proud because he or she contributes more than anyone else and, conversely, no one should feel bad because he or she doesn't. Perhaps I owe you all an apology for writing about "lazy rascals".

Let me say that I like to write on this blog. I like to write, period, but don't generally because, for one reason or another, it doesn't get read by others. I know, however, that whatever I post is going to read within short order and someone will make comment about it. I need that and I want to say "Thank you" to all of you who have done so.

Whether I post every day (or seven times a day) or not at all for a month is irrelevant. The fact is, I can, and if I have something to say and the push to turn on my computer, go to the blog, sign in, and write, then we are all better for it, even if it is the only time I have ever done so. Right?

In the comments on Beth's last post, I could sense the tension rising. Who is right? Who is wrong? We are all adults. There is no good reason to let something like this spoil a good thing. As the rabbi in Fiddler on the Roof would say, "Let's all sit down."

I agree. Let's sit down. Let's keep this uptempo and encouraging. Let's make a point of not "pointing fingers" because someone else isn't performing like we think they should. Let's keep this fun for everyone. If we don't, it will disappear and that would be a bad thing.

I love you all and I want to see what you have to say. Please continue and I will try my darndest to be as gracious as I can be.

!!And that's saying a lot!!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I sure hope I didn't contribute to any negative feelings. That's one of the problems with internet communication--it's very difficult to completely understand without the tone of voice indicating the mood of what is being said. Sometimes good natured teasing comes across as criticism.

    ReplyDelete