Friday, March 13, 2009

T. G. I. F.

Hooray, hooray! It's Friday. I've put in a whole week of work and I'm a little stressed and tired. Have to keep reminding myself that God has a plan and put me into this job for a purpose even though I don't know what it is. Spent a lot of time training with the VC from Williamsport office on Wed. and that was helpful. Then the vice president of something in Alabama questioned why I was not on the list of people going to Pittsburg for training next week and when they said that it was too far to drive so they were going to train me in Scranton next month, he objected. Short version--I'm flying to Pittsburg on Mon. and home on Wed. of next week. I'm not delighted but doing what I have to. Today I tagged along with a couple of the nurses to an assisted living facility to observe and get a sense of what they need from the volunteers. Then back to the office for paperwork and meetings. Not sure that I'm cut out for this medical stuff but still have to believe that God put me in the job for a reason.

Beautiful day today. I went out for a walk around the parking lot after lunch. Our office is located near some of the "big box" stores and shopping plazas but there were ducks and geese on the retention ponds beside the parking lot and it was really beautiful. Hoping it's nice all weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I said earlier that a person should never retire, only change careers. However, it may be that you have gone from a job to a calling. When I work too long and get tired, I start making mistakes. I've learned that it's better to stop and pick it up again later. Know your limits and don't let anyone push you beyond them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete