Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saturday, blessed Saturday!

I haven't had a lot of "paying" work on Saturday lately, so I am enjoying myself. Usually I go to the office in the morning for a few hours and work with Auto Sketch, a CAD program, which I am learning. I try to learn at least one new thing on it every day, that is, every day that I work on it. On Saturday, I am the only one at the office, so I can focus completely on the project.

I am designing a house addition which we will be building. We have another man who is designing the same project. He will be paid, I won't. However, the other day, I showed some of my drawings to my manager who oversees the entire production department. I've got his attention!! It's not going to be very long until the company buys a program to put on my computer at home and start paying me to do the designs.

I love the work. It doesn't seem like work. I can go there and burn up four hours without even realizing it. The only problem I have experienced so far has been with my right wrist, which pains me after some time manipulating the mouse. It's arthritis, not carpal tunnel. Something I've got to live with.

When I get my designs completed, I'll post them for you.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Always good to learn something new. I didn't send my house plans to you yet--sorry. I keep forgetting. Try repositioning the mouse once in a while--put it up higher on a book or block of wood maybe. Or just pop a couple of Aleve!

    ReplyDelete