Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Day to Relax and Enjoy

Today has been a good day. I've been able to take it easy and do what I wanted for a change. Nice!

I started out by not getting out of bed until almost 0900 when the dog came to me with a request to open the door and let him out. OK, already!! I had to do what someone else wanted, but only for a minute. As long as I was up, I figured I might as well stay up, so I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and went to Starbucks. Since Cindy was still sleeping, I didn't even tell her where I was going.

At Starbucks, I bought a Sunday paper, a blueberry scone, and a tall black coffee and sat down. For the next hour or so, I looked at the paper and worked out the Sudoku and crossword puzzles. When I finished, I read the comics, then rolled up and went to Wal-Mart for my weekly grocery shopping.

After that, I built a keyboard shelf in my new desk layout. (I've been converting a spare room into my office and just moved the computer. Cindy took over the previous one where she installed her new Mac.) Then I did a little graphic design on a letterhead (improvement on the official Patterson Homes), checked out a technical question on my trailer, and edited a couple of posts on the Rooted & Rambling blog. Oh, I also managed to find time to knock off a couple of beers.

I'm really getting into this blog thing. I find HTML fascinating and am constantly learning new things about it. You may have noticed some changes in my posts. Cindy will be having a class in website design sometime this summer and I want to audit it. I expect to make a quantum leap in my understanding then.

We have overcast skies, although the sun is coming through in patches. There is quite a lot of wind and, for this time of year, it's quite cold--60 degrees +/-. I don't mind a bit and it certainly saves on my electric bill since the AC is not running.

I have to go to Lowe's yet today and I hear another beer calling my name. Got to go.

2 comments:

  1. I DID notice that you were getting into the blogging! Personally I like WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) technology. Probably just too lazy to learn HTML.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ...enjoy your blogging and everyone else's too.... Didn't know that you did Sudoku..I like to do it too. And Roger Lee does it too...In our daily paper they have the easiest one on Monday and the hardest one on Sat... I usually save Mon-Wed and then work on them on Thurs and Friday...Its a challenge and it uses my mind and I really enjoy them...Take them camping, drs appt and stuff like that...

    ReplyDelete